Sunday, March 8, 2009

Feed the Birds!

We watched Mary Poppins last night, so I have that song in my head: Feed the birds, tuppins a bag...

I enjoyed the movie primarily because the little girl looks a lot like my grand-daughter Rosy. I remember seeing that movie in the theater, so you can see how old I am. It was fun to watch, but poor Joe made two valiant efforts to stay in the room with me and Zanne as we sang along with all the songs.

So Sammy Miami is in basic training at Fort Leonard Wood, and I've been trying to get through their antiquated telephone system to find out his mailing address. So far it hasn't worked. According to one drill I talked to today, the companies all have recently moved to new barracks, thus the confusion. I'll call tomorrow during duty hours.

Since the last post, my Zanne-zanne is back, so all is well with the world. Still running back and forth to the Lab. Grateful for the job, interested in the projects I'm working, but tired of driving too much.

Tomorrow it's back to training hard and strict menu control. Gotta keep pushing!

Trying to get my website up and operating, on which I will post all my Bible class recordings. We've started it, but it's hard for a history major to navigate through all that crap.

Reading a great book on nuclear weapons in Asia.

No comments: