Monday, March 23, 2009

Some changes at work

My game of Mosby's Raiders that I've been reporting on has been terminated early, because I need the table space for tonight's wargame session.

The political axe has felled one of our contacts in the Pentagon, and our latest project is going by the wayside. The good news is that this will cut down on the number of trips to the Lab I have to take. Yay! I can shift my focus to writing about the evolution of strategy in the war on terror.

Dan Ryan is supposed to start building our house this week, but we'll see. The site supervisor, Rick, hinted that the house may not be done until late in June. (They had originally promised early to mid-June.) Of course, knowing what we know about builders, the whole project could take months longer than they promise, so we'll see. We're still pretty excited to FINALLY be owning a house again. It's been a long, difficult journey.

How 'bout that stock market, huh?

Peter's coming over tonight to wargame. Can't wait to beat him mercilessly.

Other than that, I'm up to Revelation 19 in Sunday School, and the end is in sight. Taught Mark 11 at home group and made a beer-basted corn beef brisket.

I had a VERY good day of eating right and working out. I've been slacking lately, but now I'm back on track.

No comments: