Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Having a Bad Wargaming Day

Well, this sucks. That's all I have to say.

Peter "Patton" comes over tonight and whomps me at Guadalcanal with his overwhelming Japanese attack. I scarcely got a shot off.

Then he says, in his innocent, little girl voice, "Why don't we play it again. This time YOU can take the Japs."

Fine.

Except this time the key objective is more easily defended. I deployed my Japs into two big groups and commenced a deliberate advance against the main objective. Peter's mortars and machineguns play havoc against my base of fire, but I push on. Finally, I come over the crest and seize the key objective. I advance and destroy the smelly Marines...and then time runs out. Just as I was getting into position to stomp on his next main defensive position.

Peter has beaten me in our last three games. Stoopid games. Stoopid Peter. Stoopid luck.

I need to go have a little cry.

No comments: