Friday, April 17, 2009

I have a slab

Our non-English-speaking builders poured our garage and basement today, and it looks pretty cool. I accidentally managed to tromp in the not-quite-set concrete, leaving a big he-shops-at-Wal-Mart-for-his-running-shoes-;-he-must-not-be-a-serious-runner foot-mark in it. I tried to explain/apologize to our workers, and they nodded back, assuring me that, "Yes, the truck." I'm pretty sure that meant that they would smooth over my faux pas.

My very schmexy wife, whose sudden appearance caused a total work stoppage at the house, has finished her script, and it's awesome. I am quite confident that she is going to sell it soon and get the accolades that she has worked so hard for. Zanne is the joy of my life, and she makes everything light and happy. Plus, she fits in my arms very nicely...kinda like she was made for them.

I'm playing a game of Wilderness War (the French & Indian War) with a very old friend, Don Chapell. It's 1755, and his Frogs are threatening my fort at Oswego on the shores of Lake Ontario. Unfortunately for him, four new regiments of Royal Americans have arrived at Albany, with which I will trounce him if he dares to attack my fort.

No comments: