Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank You, Comrades

Thinking about you today, Corporal James Lindsey. You did everything right.

I'm constantly amazed at how easy it is for a believer in Christ to wander away from Him. Lately I've been fretting (mostly over kid stuff), and the longer I spend away from the Word, the more subjective and angry and depressed I get. Then...for some reason...I remember. Read! Remember!

In the light of the Word, all this stuff seems like such trivial nonsense. I sponsor a young boy in India, named Stalin Nayek. Recently, his entire village had to flee into the jungle because anti-Christian fanatics were after them. They found enough fruit to stay alive until they could return. And I'm upset because of the nonsense I endure from....??!?!?

We had a wonderful time at the Smiths on Sunday. Great food, a swimming pool, Bible class, and awesome fellowship....despite Mike's assertion that I'm "a little gay" because I listen (okay...sing along with...) ABBA. If he weren't such a good friend...not to mention a fine specimen of manhood...I'd be outraged.

Finally breached the walls at Louisburg, and I'm hoping to slaughter all the French defenders there before winter.

This morning my sweet, awesome wife and I sipped (respectively) cocoa and coffee on our new porch while we thought about different plans we have for the house. Then we trekked to Lowes to get an estimate on decking. Ugh. Bottom line: decks are way over-priced.

No comments: