Monday, May 11, 2009

Hens Laying Soft-Boiled Eggs

The title has nothing to do with this content, but I just liked it.

We picked up Mom (aka Nana) from Pennsylvania and treated her to a nice Mothers' Day weekend. We toured the new house with her, took her to see Star Trek, watched O Brother Where Art Thou? and ate a lot. Got her a real nice jewelry box engraved with her name on it.

The house is coming along well. We are concerned about the sewage pipe network in the basement. For some odd reason, they elected to drop the pipes way down below the level of the I-beams and duct work, robbing us of another foot of ceiling space...right in my office. We have registered our dissatisfaction and await an answer.

Zanne and I (and Kadey) have started the week out well by exercising hard. Did Biggest Loser Cardio Max Level 2 again today. Ugh. Weight is somewhere around 202, give or take. Tonight I'm going to do my chest and abs, and then take some protein to see if I can jump-start another round of muscle-building.

I'm reading through Augustine's "City of God". Fascinating read. Basically, it's a fifth century Christian philosopher trying to explain how the sack of Rome in 410 by the Goths fits into God's plans. I'm considering writing a parallel piece from the Islamic perspective, explaining the 1967 Six Day War. Interesting project.

My war against my friend Don Chappell proceeds well. We are playing "Wilderness War" over the internet, and it's now early 1757. I have taken Fort Duquesne and re-named it Fort Bob. I have thwarted all the French attempts to threaten Oswego and Albany. And I've just launched an amphibious invasion from Nova Scotia against Louisburg. Hopefully, all will go well, and I'll trap the Frogs there and finish them off.

I love my wife. She is such a blessing to me in many, many ways.

No comments: