Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hell Week Over!

Got back from a week at the Lab running a policy game for the Pentagon. Went very well, but it's a lot of work. Stayed at Fort Meade BOQ which is cheap but yucky. In my few off hours, I wargamed Rommel's North Africa campaign and took Tobruk in 1941. Take that, Irwin!

Lots of interesting news this week that most Americans probably didn't even notice. One of our satellites collided with a Russian one. Big cloud. And the North Koreans are erecting a Taepo-Dong II missile/rocket. A TD-II has two possible uses: it can launch a space vehicle, and it can be an intercontinental ballistic missile, capable of reaching the US.

We'll find out which option Kim Jong Il has chosen in about 40 days.

Back home now and enjoying a Valentine's Day with my sweety.

1 comment:

Iris said...

....I don't think we need 40 days....I think that we already know....