Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day and Some Movies

First, the movies. Recently have seen Up, Pelham 1-2-3, Mall Cop (DVD). Up was cute, especially the dog and the bird. Pelham was forgettable but okay. Mall Cop was better on DVD than it would have been in a theater. Zanne and I have been watching the HBO series ROME, and we really enjoyed it. Caesar just got whacked.

Molly and Joe came here to Martinsburg for Father's Day. We played Clue, and Molly won. We played Hearts, and Molly won. Excuse me...I thought it was FATHER'S Day!?!?! This morning we had panny cakes, chicken gravy, eggs, bacon, etc. Then we drove out to Poorhouse Farm Park, which we've decided to come back to with our fishing gear. They have a bass pond there (catch and release), and a whole bunch of trails.

We took Abby and Romy, who played frisbee and threatened all other dogs with instant death, respectively. Molly is making brocholi soup for lunch, and I can't wait! Bobby had to work all weekend in Wheeling, but he called. I'm anxious to hear from Sam to see if he's going to be able to go on his final FTX with his fractured wrist.

Best surprise of all: Suzanne and Kadey conspired to give me a really cool gift: Zanne and I are going to Virginia Beach next week for a couple of days, while Kadey holds down the fort, dogs, and cats, and Joe. They both gave me real nice cards, too. I'm very blessed!

I also picked up the Nana (aka "Bloody Nana", due to her volatile personality when playing cards...) and brought her down here. I'll be taking her back tonight.

No comments: