Monday, June 27, 2022

Hello, Blog! It's been awhile.

 As a consequence of a Facebook flamewar, someone I don't know was sneaking on me and announced with contempt that "Leonhard has a religious blog!" (She went on to demonstrate what a jerk I am, a position with which I, of course, completely agree.)

I immediately thought:  "He has a blog?!?" Oh, yeah! I forgot about that! 

Haven't posted on this for over a decade! Time to restart. Tonight's subject:  what you missed over the past eleven years. 

In brief: Zanne and I moved to Florida! Whoop! We love it. The hot, steamy weather is made for me! My knees are relatively happy. 

Only problem we have had is finding a church we can work with--no luck so far. The churches all seem to favor sermons from the pulpit instead of Bible teaching. We gave it the good old college try, but we both find it so frustrating and unfulfilling to listen to a pastor ranting, vice solid Bible teaching using exegesis and solid hermeneutics. For now, we are resorting to watching FBC online on Sundays. Hoping we can eventually find a fellowship we can work with.

We have five cats: Bella, Henry, Halle Berry, Little Man, and Boo-Boo. 

Andris and Leila (our adopted Lats) also moved here and both are now married. The four of them (including Amanda and Mike) bought a house and live together in it. They are doing an amazing job fixing it up, and they will eventually flip it. 

I'm about 2.5 years from retirement and looking forward to it. Still working remotely for the Lab. 

Currently wargaming "The White Tribe"--a solo game about the political course of Rhodesia, 1966-1980. Also have Labyrinth on another table, and "The Tigers are Burning" (Soviets vs. Germans in Ukraine, 1943-44) on the other. 

No comments: